What exactly is Detoxing?
This is the way your body gets rids of potentially harmful chemicals (toxins)
How does this happen?
Your body has its own detoxifiers, the liver, kidneys, guts, skin and lungs are the organs most involved in ridding your body of harmful substances and waste products.
If they are doing such a good job already, why then do I need to detox?
When your system becomes overboard with toxins, you develop a pattern of symptoms including bloating, lack of energy, dull skin, colds, minor infections e.t.c. Detoxing helps to re-balance the body and ensures it works well giving you an improved appearance, inner calm, better sleep patterns, good health and guess what the major plus is, you also get to loose weight. I lost two dress sizes the first time I detoxed.
Do I need Detoxing?
You need detoxing if you answer yes to more than eight of the questions below
- Do you find it hard increasingly hard to lose weight?
- Do you tend to gain weight readily?
- Do you have cellulite?
- Do you suffer from frequent headaches?
- Do you feel fatigued and lethargic?
- Do you feel sluggish?
- Do you suffer from bloating?
- Do you suffer from skin problems such as eczema, acne or psoriasis?
- Do you sometimes have joint and muscle ache?
- Do you feel run-down?
- Do you suffer from constipation, diarrhea or irritable bowel syndrome?
- Do you suffer from recurrent colds and minor infections?
- Do you have mood swings?
- Are you often irritable or restless?
- Do you suffer from indigestion or heartburn?
If you ticked between four to eight boxes, you are beginning to show sign of toxicity and definitely would benefit from a detox program