Carrot and apple kick-start
Mixed seeds with Oat porridge
Rice with grilled vegetables
Detox Tip♥♥♥: Make a bowl of fresh fruit salad in the morning, keep it in the fridge and snack on it during the rest of the day.
CARROT AND APPLE KICK-START
Ingredients (Makes 2 drinks)
4 Apples (sliced)
4 Sticks of celery
Blend all the ingredients together and drink immediately.
1 Sliced tomatoes
2 Shredded carrots
2 thinly sliced mushrooms
2 sliced celery sticks
Ground pepper to taste
1/2 tbsp Lemon juice
2 tbsp cup Olive oil
- In a small bowl, add the oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Beat well, using a fork,
- Prepare the other vegetables and place them in a bowl. Thinly slice the mushrooms; slice the tomatoes; peel the carrots, then shred them using a large-holed grater. Portion out the lemon mix to the bowls, then toss to combine.
- Arrange the dressed vegetables onto a serving plate. Serve.
225g chickpeas, soaked overnight or 2 X 400g tins, drained and rinsed
2 garlic gloves
2 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp tahini (Tahini, is a condiment made from toasted ground hulled sesame seeds. Tahini is served as a dip)
3 tbsp lemon juice
freshly ground black pepper
- Drain then cook the chickpeas in plenty of water for about 60 – 90 minutes or according to the directions on the tin
- Puree the cooked chickpeas with the remaining ingredients to make a creamy consistency
- Taste and add more black pepper or lemon juice if neccessary
- chill in the fridge
RICE WITH GRILLED VEGETABLES
300g brown rice
3 peppers (red, yellow,green) de-seeded and cut into quarters
2 medium red onions, sliced
2 small courgettes, cut in half lengthwise
2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
For The Dressing
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
Freshly ground pepper
- Put the rice in a pan of boiling water. water level should be about 2.5 cm above the rice. Stir, lower the heat and simmer for 20 – 30 mins until tender.
- To make the dressing mic together the olive oil, fresh lemon juice, garlic and black pepper. Set aside while grilling the vegetables.
- Arrange vegetables on a grill rack, brush with olive oil and grill for 8 – 10 mins until tender and slightly brown. Turn occasionally and brush again.
- Drain the rice mix in half the dressing, spoon into a serving dish, arrange the vegetables on top, then pour over the remaining dressing. sprinkle over the chopped thyme.
Detox Tip♥♥♥: Take your own food to work to avoid temptations, small packets of nuts can prove very useful