Hello Lovelies, Happy new year 2018. Are you guys as excited as I am for the new year?
So you know that pesky thing called new year resolutions? I decided to have two of them lol😢. One was get a snatched waist 💃🏽 and the second was get a boyfriend🙄 trust me one is harder than the other.
We all know what a snatched waist look like don’t we? It looks something like the image below
What you don’t know is that for your waist to be snatched, your hips, butt, and boobs must increase appropriately. And we all know that when we lose weight we lose it everywhere and when we gain, we gain everywhere including our tommy and love handles 😢😢
So here I’m stuck with this nice butts, boobs and hips but a little bit of tummy fat that has to go for me to have a snatched waist. Since I know I’m not the only one going through this, I have come up with a couple of workouts that would take out the tommy fat, love handles and leave the other parts well alone. Amazing yeah 😍😍😍 lets get to it.
SNATCHED WAIST WORKOUT
First you need your core morning warm up, this is to get the juices flowing and the heart pumping.
1. Run in Place: 60 seconds. Warm up the body and get your heart pumping with this great cardiovascular move.
2. Butt kicks: 60 seconds. Kick your feet as high as possible, until your heels touch the glutes.
3. Jumping jacks: 60 seconds. This exercise helps to boost your metabolism and increases muscle endurance.
4. Mountain climbers : 60 seconds. Keep your body in a plank position, with your core engaged and your hips low.
5. High kicks: 60 seconds. Alternate legs until the set is complete and keep the movement fast and smooth.
6. Lunge twists: 60 seconds. Twist your torso to the same side as your front leg.
7. Side to side squats: 60 seconds. Squat, take a small step to the side, and squat again.
8. Inchworm: 60 seconds. Keep your legs straight, walk your hands out as far as you can, and then walk back up to the starting position.
9. Bent over twist: 60 seconds. Bend and rotate your torso, touching each foot with the opposite hand.
10. Hip circles : 30 seconds + 30 seconds. This exercise strengthens the core, helps to loosen the lower back muscles and trims the waist.
Repeat this circuit 3 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
1. High knees: 60 seconds. Bring your knees up to waist level and then slowly land on the balls of your feet.
2. Side crunch leg raise: 45 seconds. Lie on your back, raise your left leg and your upper back off the floor, reach your arms to the left side and crunch. Switch sides and repeat.
3. Alternate heel touchers: 45 seconds. While on your back, bend your knees and keep your arms extended and by your sides. Crunch forward and to the left, touching your left heel with your left hand and hold. Return slowly to the starting position and repeat the movement on the right side.
4. Wood chop: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand up and hold a dumbbell with both hands. Rotate your torso to the right and raise the dumbbell until it’s over your right shoulder. Squat as you rotate your torso to the left, and bring the dumbbell diagonally across the body until it’s close to your left hip. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
5. Plank jacks: 45 seconds. Start in a push-up position with your feet together. Hop your feet as far as you can and land softly on your toes. Hop again and bring your feet together.
6. Star toe touch sit ups : 45 seconds. Lie on your back, raise your right leg and your torso simultaneously and reach your left hand toward your right foot. Return to the mat, and repeat on the opposite side.
7. Bird dogs: 60 seconds. Start on your hands and knees with the hands under the shoulders and the knees under the hips. Extend one leg and the opposite arm at the same time and pause. Switch sides and repeat.
8. Reverse crunches: 60 seconds. Lie on your back, lift your knees until your thighs and calves form a 90-degree angle and your calves are parallel to the floor. Lift your hips and bring your knees toward the chest.
9. Toe touch: 60 seconds. While on your back, hold a dumbbell with both hands and lift your legs until they’re perpendicular to the floor. Extend your arms, lift your shoulders off the floor and try touching your feet with the dumbbell.
10. Side plank hip lifts: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start in a side plank position, with your shoulder over your elbow and your body in a straight line. Bring your hip down, without letting it touch the floor, and then bring it back up to the initial position. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
MUSIC PLAYLIST 🎧🎧🎧
- Wo – Olamide
- Fia – Davido
- Sicker – Niniola
- Shake ya ass – Mystikal
- Bounce with me – Lil bow wow
- Thong song – Cisqo
Don’t forget to share your journey with me 💜💜💜💜💜